Everybody may not know rosacea by its name but for sure, everyone has seen it before. This is the skin condition where the skin on the face turns red. It not really to be feared of but it is enough to cause you to stop and think for a while. What you will have to think about is how to mitigate it rather than leave it be and to give it a chance to aggravate.
Although rosacea is not that harmful when it is on its early stage, it is still a must to adopt all measures for it not to get worse. Nobody wants the severe effects of this skin condition. Aside from discoloration of the face, there will be also alterations in the texture of the surface which naturally will not be pleasing to look at. However, in order for a person to know the means not to aggravate the situation, he must first understand the causes of this problem.
Exposure to the Sun
Whether we like it or not, the sun is one major cause of most skin problems. In fact, statistics from studies have shown that among all possible causes of rosacea, it is sun exposure that will mark the highest. The extreme temperature that can be received by the face from the sun will caused flushing. This is especially true these days that the world is said to be on global warming.
Exposure to the sun does not only constitute high temperature. It also involves sunburn, and the collection of harmful UV rays. With this number cause of rosacea, people can know how to fight it. In fact, fighting it will be easy. All it takes is to get away from too much sun exposure as much as possible. You can do this by putting on good sunscreen as prescribed by a dermatologist. Staying indoors or wearing protective apparels like big hats or wide visors can also help.
Anxiety and Stress
Stress is not only a cause of white hairs as many claims it to be but it is also a cause of many other health and beauty issues. Even rosacea can be caused by stress and anxiety. There is really no known explanation as to how anxiety and stress can cause rosacea but statistics from studies have shown that it comes next after exposure to the sun. The nearest explanation that can be given is the poor blood flow in the area where these red marks affect.
Foods and Beverages
Of course, there are many other factors that can cause rosacea. For example, food and drinks can play a big role to the discoloration of the skin on the face. To be specific, alcohol and drinks containing coffee, and foods which are hot and spicy can give the rosacea effect. Even from logic and experience, one can imagine how it rosacea can be brought about by these foods and drinks.
Now that you know some of the factors that cause rosacea, you can then probably derive the remedies from it. It is important that you know where the root is to cut the problem above. Be sure to read reviews before you buy any rosacea treatment.
Rosacea is a condition which affects the skin on the face. It comes in the form of inflamed reddish bumps and flushes on the face, especially on the chin, cheeks, nose, and forehead. Such skin condition is caused by the dilation of some clusters of facial capillaries located just beneath the surface of the skin. Because it affects one’s looks, many people want to get rid of Rosacea. Thankfully, there are easy home remedies and ways of effectively treating Rosacea skin condition. Here are some of the tips you can try:
1. Practice proper facial hygiene. You can do this by regularly cleaning the skin on the face. You should use mild cleansers in cleaning your face. And do it as gently as possible to avoid irritation. You should also avoid grainy cleaners, as such type of cleansers can irritate the skin.
2. Always put on sunscreens whenever you expose yourself into the sun. This is important because the UV rays of the sun can worsen your Rosacea. However, you must use mild sunscreen, like those formulated for babies.
3. Avoid hot places. Stay in a cool place as much as possible, as heat can make the condition worse. So you should really stay in air-conditioned places especially on hot days. And don’t forget to spray your face with cool water. Drinking cool drinks also helps tone down the temperature.
4. You should also avoid eating hot foods and drinking hot beverages. Allow the food and the drink to cool down first before you eat or drink them. Doing such can help lessen the effect of Rosacea on the skin.
5. In line with step four, you should avoid eating spicy foods. Do not include chilies, curry, salsa, and other spicy foods in your diet. Too much spice can exacerbate the inflammation. However, you don’t really have to do away with spices. Just lower the spice level.
6. You must also avoid hot tubs, steam baths, and saunas. Facial steams must also be avoided.
7. Bath in warm shower. Take note the word “warm,” not “hot.” You can also shower in cool water, just as long as you can tolerate the coolness.
8. You should watch out your diet. There are certain foods that can aggravate your condition. So in order to determine which food reacts with your condition, you should keep some sort of a food diary. Take note of the foods that you should eat, and those that you shouldn’t.
9. You can sooth and heal your condition using aloe vera gel. However, there are some people who are quite allergic to it. So watch out for any signs of irritation.
10. You can also use of primrose oil at least three times a day. The great thing about such oil is that it can help treat several skin conditions, including Rosacea.